Saturday, November 8, 2008

We stood on the shoulders...


This week’s ride sure was a learning experience for everyone.

My brother finally joined us and was very glad that he did. He chose an excellent week to do so. Coincidentally, Sandy, who Chris knew in a former life decided to return to the Grinn ride. With or without him this was a treat because Sandy brings with her one of the most positive spirits and inquisitive minds. She always seems to ask the questions that I have had previously but have failed to find the answer to. It felt good to facilitate the re-connect of Chris and Sandy. They spent some of the ride talking of mutual friends and former co-workers, one of which happened to drive by us while we were chatting at the trail head after our ride…another neat coincidence. Chris wound up riding much stronger than he had feared he would. I was very happy about that and for him. After impressing himself, I think there is a good chance that he will join us again. Besides, he will need another justification for the Chinese buffet, as will I.

I regretfully postponed setting a date with Tripp for our excursion to Dauset. I’m really looking forward to it and hope we can do it before it gets too cold. I also hope we can recruit some other companions from our ride, or even anyone who may wonder into these writings.

Due to the impromptu schedule change for the ride, Kelly, a determined rider, meet us close to Crump road after she looked for us at Fleischman. She road her sweet, skinny, Trek 8000 while John admired her handlebars and I envied her components. Kelly learned not to trust the internet.

On that note I learned that even mediocre bikes can be suitable for the Grinn ride. My bike of the week was a GT Saddle back, with yes, the triple triangle.

John learned today of my incredible spur of the moment sprint speed. We all learned, or reaffirmed the importance of seatbelts.

Join us next week, and walk away a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment