Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Sometimes it feels like...somebody's watching me."



I’m not sure if the beginner riders on our ride are impressing me more, or if I’m impressing myself less. After sprinting to the peak of every hill we ascended, I turned to see Tripp on my tail as usual and James almost immediately behind him. After a short explanation of his claimed asthmatic condition, I searched somewhere in my brain for the lost information on CPR. Nothing. Good thing for me that James hung extremely well for his first 15 mile trip down the Greenway and back. Good job James.

Dennis also joined us for the first time today. To the rest of us on today’s ride, Dennis is obviously an experienced rider. With his experience he also brought unfortunate news. We learned today that we may be losing all of the single track on the Alford and Miccosukee Greenways. It was speculated that the decision was made by the county due to the lack of their willingness to commit funds for the single tracks maintenance. No time frame was given but I will be riding the hell out of it as if its days are numbered. I am looking into who at the county we can direct our disapproval towards. Because of a commitment the cinema, Dennis was only able to experience half of the Grinn ride. As long as it wasn’t for Transporter 3, we will accept him back for another ride.

James, Tripp and I took the route along Haunted Hallow to pour some Propel out for our homies. No, but we really did walk through the grave markers for some of the unfortunate dating back to the first quarter of the 20th century.

Other note worthy news…Sandy sighting! Quinn and I ran into Sandy at the Cyclocross( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZOa_E9Qs8) races at Rickards High School this morning. She was officiating her first event and looked to be having a very good time doing so. The course ran literally through the playing fields, parking lot, bus ramps and back to the starting line at the foot of a steep 50 foot hill.

Both Jose’s ride and Our ride started out bit cold, but turned out perfect. Can’t wait to see what cold weather gear Santa is bringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment